Applications for this Prize have now closed.
Te Puiaki Kaiwhakaako Pūtaiao The Science Teacher Prize
Welcome to the page where you will find information about the application process through the Prime Minister’s Science Prizes Portal. You will also find all forms/templates in the portal but also further down the page for your convenience.
All those involved in this process will need to log into the portal separately which includes the nominator, nominee (or kaiako teacher) and the Principal (referee).
Please note that because this is a nominated Prize, the nominator needs to make the first step and log into the portal first and enter their details.
There are a number of steps to this process and so it is important to read the guidelines below as this provides information about logging in and finding your way around the portal. It also includes some guidelines for the nominator, nominee and principal about the questions they will need to complete when completing the appropriate template.
If you do need help or advice at any time then please do not hesitate to make contact with the Secretariat.
Once you have finished reading the guidelines and when you are ready please click on the portal link.
Please allow plenty of time to complete the application.
All of these templates are in the portal but also here for your convenience:
(forms will be updated and published on the website in 2022)
- The Nominator has completed all that is required including completion of Nomination Template and uploaded it to the portal.
- The Referee (Principal) has completed all that is required including completing the referee template and the budget template (please note the budget is not judged) and uploaded them to the portal.
- The nominee/teacher kaiako has uploaded a CV to the portal.
- The nominee/teacher kaiako has completed and uploaded the Application Template which includes Evidence Portfolio material to the portal.
- The nominee has accepted the Prize Terms and Conditions. You will be prompted for this in the portal.
Complete applications must be submitted by 12:01am on 27th October 2021 since the original closing date of the 25th October is a public holiday.
Need help? Have other pātai questions?
Ko te Kaiwahakahaere the Secretariat for The Prime Minister’s Science Prizes is Royal Society Te Apārangi. Contact details are:
Te Kaiwhakahaere the Secretariat
The Prime Minister’s Science Prizes
C/-Royal Society Te Aparangi
PO Box 598
Waea telephone: (04) 470 5762
Īmēra email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Supported by the New Zealand Government with funding from the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment. Nā Te Hīkina Whakatutuki te mana hāpai.