Te Puiaki Kaipūtaiao Ānamata The Future Scientist Prize
Welcome to the page where you will find information about the application process through the Prime Minister’s Science Prizes Portal. You will also find all forms/templates which are in the portal but also further down on the page for your convenience.
This is a nominated Prize and so it is important that the nominator takes the first step of logging into the portal and following the steps required. The student will not be able to log on until the Nominator has done that.
There are a number of steps that need to be taken and so it is important to read the guidelines below as this provides information about logging in and finding your way around the portal.
If you do need help or advice at any time then please do not hesitate to make contact with the Secretariat.
Once you have finished reading the guidelines and when you are ready please click on the portal link. Prime Minister’s Science Prizes Portal link
Please allow plenty of time to complete the application.
All of the following form/templates can be found in the portal but also here for your convenience:
- The Nominator has completed all this is required including completion of Nomination Template and uplaoded it to the portal.
- The nominee/student has completed and uploaded the Application Template which includes Evidence Portfolio material and uploaded it to the portal.
- The nominee/applicant has either uploaded an ethics statement, or explained why one is not required. You will be prompted for this within the portal.
- The nominee applicant has included the link to a short video about their work on Youtube. You will be prompted to upload the link within the portal.
- The nominee has accepted the Prize Terms and Conditions. You will be prompted for this within the portal.
- If a mentor was involved in supporting the student with their research/project then they must also log into the portal and complete the Referee Template.
- The closing date for entries has been extended for this particular Prize due to many Science and Technology Fairs being postponed because of COVID lockdown periods. Therefore the closing date that entries must be completed for this Prize is 5pm, 8th November.
NEED HELP? HAVE OTHER PĀTAI QUESTIONS?
Ko te Kaiwhakahaere the Secretariat for The Prime Minister’s Science Prizes is Royal Society Te Apārangi. Contact details are:
Te Kaiwhakahaere the Secretariat
The Prime Minister’s Science Prizes
Royal Society Te Apārangi
PO Box 598
Waea Tel: (04) 470 5762
Īmēra Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.